The h2g2 Virtual President 2003

2 Conversations

Your Community Needs YoU!

Yes, it's back! After a prolonged absence the Virtual President of h2g2 is back!

Some of you may remember the set up here, some may not. After all the last vote was September 2000.

h2g2 is like no other community, for a start it spans the globe. With researchers based not only in the UK, but the US, Australasia and even Belgium1 h2g2 provides a world view on events.

The community manages to be friendly and close knit while it continues to grow each month and year. With almost 125,000 registered researchers it's become a focus of opinion on almost every topic.

What it currently doesn't have though, is a Virtual President.

So, we're going to elect one.

What we need from you though are some volunteers to manage this epic joviality. The Guide and the Post have grown since the last election and it is no longer feasible for Shazz to manage the elections. So we turn to you our reading researchers. We are after a small band of
dedicated, and unbiased, surfers to cruise the related fora during the run up to the elections and for the duration of the campaigns themselves. Keeping an eye on what's happening, making sure the candidates stick to the rules and compiling a short report each week for The Post on the events.

This is a vital role, without which the Virtual President of h2g2 can not go ahead, so roll up, roll up and put your name down! Email me and help give something back! My email address is on the Post Office page. Do realise though that helping to oversee the elections does mean you can't actually run for the position yourself, due to conflicting interests and all that.

Rules, Regulations and Information about the elections themselves will be made more available once the overseeing team has been assembled.

DISCLAIMER: The Virtual President of h2g2 is not a serious role. It holds no power other than the Weight of Kudos.


The Virtual Prez Links Page
The Rogues Gallery
The Polling Booth


Pastey

13.02.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1No offence.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A965702

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more