Through The Doughnut Hole

4 Conversations

... and now ladies, gentlemen and others, please put your hands, paws, fins, goinks1 together for another Through the Doughnut Hole!!!!

smiley - musicalnoteHey everyone let's dance around a pole...smiley - musicalnote
smiley - musicalnoteand sit back and enjoy another Through the Doughnut Hole!!smiley - musicalnote2

Read On Lest We Forget

My Personal Assistant Blotto3 has informed me that I haven't been earning my massive pay check4 for doing this show recently, and I must admit that it has been a while. So with the lawyer's letter threatening to cut me off in my prime5 still drifting in front of me, I have managed to tear myself away from my hectic social life and produce another Through the Doughnut Hole just for you all to enjoy.

So, just what was the question posed all those weeks back in the last Doughnut Hole? Well for all those who may just have forgotten, here's a little reminder.

What is the best gift you have ever received in your
life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first guest this week is someone who you will have not seen on this show before. So it is with very much pleasure I introduce to you, the delightfully magnificent Pinwheel Pearl who started this conversation.

'I think that the best gift anyone can have is one I've battled long and hard to get. It has no material wealth, you cannot hold it, and you can only see examples of it. It is the gift of friendship, something that everyone needs, yet can be surprisingly difficult to get hold of. I thank all my friends in RL, and of course, all the wonderful friendships I have made on h2g2. May I, and every other researcher, make more!'

Oh what a wonderful truth that is Pinwheel Pearl, or may I just call you Pearl as a friend would?

There are a lot of worthy things to strive for in life, but being a true friend is something that everyone can become, it is something freely given, yet generous to receive. What better gift can we give to one another?

~~~~~~~~~

My second guest on this weeks show is non other than the larger than life DoctorMO, a masterful character on h2g2 who in the same conversation said....

'The greatest gift I feel is awful horrible and sometimes badly written world which combined with the comedy of the BBC has given me an open heart and mind for others.'

...and who can argue with that? An open heart and mind for others... yes I think the good Doctor does tell us of the gift of tolerance.

Tolerance is not something we are born with, it is something we must learn. Not everyone is how we would like then to be, yet if we open our hearts and minds, and embrace our difference's, then we can hopefully soon become the true friends, that make this world such a
special place to live in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My third guest this week is someone who enjoys a sneak preview of the Post whenever he can. It is of course, your friend and mine Jodan in this conversation

'It may not surprise you to know that I like computers. The best computer I got, I mean gift I got... oh well that ruined the suspense. I got a computer. The one I'm on right now in fact. The mule (I nicknamed it the mule because of the way the speakers look like mule ears) has served me well, and without it, through a rather complicated chain of events, I wouldn't have found h2g2.'

What a great name for a computer, the mule. I was glad you said your speakers looked like mule ears, or I would have thought the reason for the name was because the computer was slow and rather bolshie.6 Much
like a computer not sitting a million miles away from me at this moment.

~~~~~~~~~

My fourth and final guest this week is of course our 'infamous' non regular Deus Ex Machina who said in the same conversation...

'This isn't exactly my actual favourite gift, but it has an interesting story behind it. Some people say that 'the gift of giving is the best gift of all'. I agree! Recently, I gave my help in setting up (on a Saturday morning) for a school garage sale which was
organized by my French teacher, who can be a bit mean smiley - winkeye.

Unfortunately, later that week, I ran into a bit of trouble (mostly procrastination smiley - yikes ) completing a French project. Because I helped my teacher out, she let me have around 3(!) extensions just because I helped out! Giving is truly its own reward.'

Ah yes, what a lovely example your story is, I do hope our audience will take you words into their hearts.

I also hope that your French Project went well, and that your French teacher does not watch this show, or you might just find out how 'mean' they can be!!

We Forgot How To Read On

It's always good solving those little problems that perplex us isn't it, makes you feel better and that all is right with the world. That is until you think up an entirely new question to perplex yourself with, and the idea of having to think up a question to perplex yourself with is perplexing in itself. So to save you the bother I shall come up with a new question for you to solve, or deliberate over and maybe another article just like this one but with different words will spring forth from The Post and onto your computer screens.

So today's question is... roll of drums...

What do you call your
computer?

Jodan has a name for his computer, I do as well (will tell you about it next time). I suspect many of you call your 'electronic machine for making calculations' many different things. If they are printable then why not tell us about it, and the story as to why they are called that. I am sure the viewers will be very interested to know. Tell us all about it in a conversation below. As before I will use whatever facts, information or silliness in a future Doughnut Hole.

Of course you can also enter into any of the conversations featured on this page.

To Forget or Not To Forget

So that's it for this week, everyone back to the green room. Blotto, didn't I tell you to move that statue last time? See you all next time, same Post article, same post channel!!!

This weeks article is brought to you by The Post and a rather large Snowy Owl called Hootsmon.


Share and Enjoy!!

Through the Doughnut Hole
Archive

Greebs

03.07.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1I am not going to ask, maybe you should...2Music by Luvwig Von Bakeoven, Lyrics by Vogon Scratchurelf.3Not to be confused with anyone else bearing this name.4You don't get a pay check?? I am shocked!!!5Not to be taken lightly by someone so in their prime as me.6sl. Rebellious (person)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1094555

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more