Abi's Community Column

1 Conversation

Abi's Community Column

Happy New Year! I trust you had a brilliant festive season, got all the
presents you wanted and ate like a horse. I know I did.

Here in the office we are frantically putting together the arrangements for the Official h2g2 Winter Party. If you haven't signed up already and think you might be able to make the 26th January, then why not sign up? We can promise you lots of fun things, including a name badge competition and a photo scavenger hunt, followed by an evening event at a lovely pub in Clerkenwell, the Sutton Arms.
You would be mad to miss it!

This week on Abi's
Activities
we are featuring some virtual pubs and clubs. Why not pop in and get involved? You never know who you might meet!

Queen Fan Club

It is twenty years this year since Freddie Mercury died and yet who can forget those costumes, that moustache, the attitude and most of all those teeth! Love them or hate them, no one can disagree that Queen have earned their place in music history. I personally was brought up on them, and so they have a very special place in my heart. If you are of a like opinion, head over and join the Queen Fan Club!

Music Website Jukebox

On the subject of music, the Music Website
Jukebox
is one of h2g2's gems. An ever-growing repository of links to different recording artist's websites, everyone's taste is taken care of. It doesn't matter if you are a fan of Frank Sinatra, Mötley Crüe or So Solid Crew, you can find them all here. It is also a great place to expand your musical horizons. Why not pick a random artist and check out their website?

Hot Spot

h2g2 has a wide range of drinking and eating places and the latest to join the ranks is the Hot Spot. It is the first place totally devoted to offering rooms for hire for private parties. So, if you are thinking of hosting a virtual party, why not check out the Hot Spot? It might be the perfect venue!

Starpilot Hotel Space Station

On the subject of hostelries, if you find yourself without a place to virtually lay your head why not visit the Starpilot Hotel Space Station? The newest part of the h2g2 Space Station, the Hotel offers all the luxuries the modern space traveller expects. They are also recruiting for staff, so if you want to earn a few more Altarian Dollars, here is a good place to start.

Cat of the Year

When I first came across the Cat of the Year, I thought it was a variation on the Horse of the Year show and was quite excited by the thought of cat show-jumping and a moggy Grand National. On closer inspection, however it turned out the members of the Dog House are voting for this year's public enemy No. 1. Cats on h2g2, beware! The resumption of the Cat War is close at hand!

Well that is all for this week! See you again soon.


Abi


10.01.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A679052

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more