The h2g2 Post 03.02.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 3rd February 2014

Family Ties

A female drill and her offspring. Doesn't that picture make you want to go, 'aw…'? Willem often has that effect on us. Even when he's telling us about weird plants and homely critturs, like that Porktown Prawn. Our h2g2 wildlife artist reminds us that we're part of Earth's natural family. Yes, even Your Editor and the Prof. All God's children got a place in the choir.

This week, Anthea's duck goes sightseeing, Rod's Green Man keeps on growing, and the ground hog does what the ground hog does. We're hoping for good news here. We feel we've earned it.

Amy brings us another interview, Awix has more cinema, and we're quizzing you about kings and queens. It's the real-life Game of Thrones.

Last week, I suggested an exercise for the Writing Right folks, and Freewayriding came through with a thrilling tale based on real history. He even added the artwork. What can we say? The Post family is talented.

Bluebottle's got news from the Flea Market. Go, writers! If you're suffering from the blues this winter, be sure to read benjaminpmoore's take on the subject. Many of us have been there, and we appreciate his words.

Remember, February means a new Create Challenge. This time, it's science fact and fiction. Has technology improved your life, or made it worse? Do you feel like Data, or Marvin? To get the ball rolling, there's a graphic-novel-type offering from me. You know you can do better, so go ahead!

We're sure this issue will cheer you, inform you, inspire you, and tickle your funnybone.
Enjoy your week, stay warm, and may the groundhog have mercy on us all.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

SEEING THE SIGHTS
  • Drill by Willem
  • .

  • Gone sightseeing.


GETTING IT TOGETHER

DEJA SENTI

  • Sneaky groundhog.
  • Let the devil have the winter.

ALL TOGETHER NOW

NON-NEGOTIABLE DEMANDS
  • A church sign near Punxsutawney.
  • Henry VIII.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87817332

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more