h2g2 Post 31.07.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 31stJuly 2003

Editorial

...And don't forget the Postcard.

It seems the holiday/vacation season is upon us, and lots of our regular writers are going off for well earned breaks to recuperate their energies and recharge their batteries. If you are missing your favourite writers this week, and in the next few weeks this could be the reason. So Don't Panic, they will be back!!!

I seem to have managed to 'over-subscribe' myself this week. Many months ago I suggested to the programme creators at Het Kasteel, my local watering hole and place of (voluntary) work, that it may be fun to put on an 'English Pub Night' in the quiet period during the summer holidays. About a month ago I was informed that this would take place on August 1st and started planning. I managed to buy some rugby and cricket videos last time I was in the UK - I'll get the Dutch to appreciate these games if it kills me! - stocked up with Union Jacks and bar mats and started creating those funny signs which always seem to adorn a typical country pub. I also succeeded in finding the kind of music I was thinking of interspersing with the more usual jukebox sounds, although I suspect that I will be the only one singing along to the Wild Rover.

All was going well until I realised the rest of the weekend itinerary. Not only do I have my regular work slot on Thursday night and the Pub night on Friday, but Saturday sees an Easy Tune Feest for which the theme is 'Pimps and Whores vs Priests and Nuns'. As per usual, I am scheduled to open the DJ session in the small bar! Somehow I don't think I'll be in costume that night - and possibly only just managing to stay upright.

Finally, please join in the fun of the Summer 2003 Caption Competition. Every week for a few weeks you are being given the opportunity to submit funny captions to pictures taken at the recent h2g2 Official Meet - and win some wonderful prizes!

ShazzPRME


 
 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1083647

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more