h2g2 Post 14.08.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 14thAugust 2003

Editorial

Sunny days and cloudy nights

Once again the chance of watching the Perseids Meteor Shower alluded me. The clear night skies of last week disappeared behind a sheath of cloud, keeping the intense heat of the daytime sunlight in and obscuring enough of the sky to make the spotting of shooting stars not an option. Oh well - there's always next year I suppose.

The unusually hot weather here in Europe has certainly inspired and affected a few of our regular contributors. Some are finding it difficult to stay indoors close enough to their computers to write their columns - so apologies come from the Bookworms for not managing a review this week. If the heat is getting too much, why not drop along to the 'So Long' link and laugh at some ice cream jokes?

Sadly, The Post Team have to bid farewell to MaW who took on the role of Assistant Deputy Editor recently. He has found that, now he has stepped into the world of 'work' rather than 'university', he no longer has the time required to fulfil this demanding post. Thankfully he is still determined to write his popular serials. We wish him well with his new career and thank him for his assistance in the past. Please note that requests for Announcements should now be addressed to ShazzPRME.

Elsewhere in this edition we are pleased to welcome Hypatia with a wonderful new series tackling both gardening and recipes. Jodan is given the 'Mr Inquisitor' treatment, we see the welcome return of Demon Drawer and 'Mole of Woe' reaches its stupendous climax. Greebo may have taken a break but she has still managed to produce something guaranteed to drive you all crazy and quizzical shares some sympathy and useful advice. With plenty of cartoons, serials, sport, reviews, poems and features, The Post is, once again, the perfect summer read!

Finally, Abi wants you to know that the Summer Caption Competition is now closed and she will be revealing all the winners in the next edition of The Post.

Stay cool...

ShazzPRME


 
 
FEATURES
 
 

  • Hot!

  • Advice and sympathy from quizzical

FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • Escape Pod Dreams

  • Since 'New' and 'Improved' have failed, we are returning to 'Classic' and 'Devolved'

h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1083665

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more