The h2g2 Post 21.09.06

1 Conversation


Posted: 21st September 2006


 

 


Whether the weather

What a changeable summer we have had this year. First we had flaming June which saw me fit to melt for a fair few weeks. Then, just when it would have been nice to have reasonably dry days, August provided us with some of the heaviest rain ever recorded. Now we are basking in the warmth of an Indian summer - which suits me just fine as, at the time of writing this, I am preparing for my town's annual Jaarmarkt. If last year is anything to go by I shall possibly spend quite some time stuck in the people bottleneck caused by a plethora of stalls all vying for the 'best' pitch at the centre of town and the visitors wanting to check out the alternative ends of the market.

This time around my DJ shift doesn't start until 7pm as the local have hired a Doe Maar cover band to kick off the proceedings. I doubt that I will get home much before 7am, however, as it really is the night the whole town swings - although the colour should be orange, not red as in the UK, if anyone decides to actually paint it! Please turn the pages of The Post quietly this morning as I probably have a hangover...

Finally we say a fond farewell to Beth, one of our esteemed members of the h2g2 Editorial Staff, as she heads off for a new life in Canada in just over a week's time. As an honorary member1 of The Canadian Researchers' Club may I welcome Beth to her new home.


ShazzPRME


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

1OK, ok - I just helped Lonefaery to set it up.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A11040157

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more