The h2g2 Post 23.08.07

1 Conversation


Posted: 23rd August 2007


 

 


With apologies in advance...


...here's the latest edition of The Post. If you look down at the bottom of this editorial, you'll notice a different name for a change; rather than the professional, experienced Editor you're accustomed to, this issue is brought to you by a rather nervous and panicky Skankyrich. EMR is away, so I've stepped into the breach for an issue in the hope that things will go more or less as normal.


If that surprises you, it's rather more of a surprise to me. You see, I never really expected to get this far. I joined the Post Team eighteen months ago, seeing that the team needed an extra pair of hands and planning to stay for a few months to help out. The Post was something I flicked through on occasion, and I won't try to pretend I was a regular and avid reader.


I was given the task of editing the regular columns, and doing this regularly opened my eyes to what the Post is all about. Very quickly, I found an immense privilege in being one of the first to read through the submissions, and whether serious, opinionated or just a bit of fun, I realised that there is an immense pool of talent away from the Edited Guide and UnderGuide. I was lucky enough to know a few people who were happy to contribute columns – I'll freely admit to being a Websailor fan – and I quickly found that reading The Post was becoming something I really looked forward to.


This issue has been a real eye-opener. It's been the first time I've read every single submission to The Post thoroughly before the new issue has come out, and I think it's absolutely tremendous. From our team of poets and fiction writers, through the cartoons and regulars to Felonious Monk's inimitably acerbic feature, there really is something for everyone here. This issue has been a real honour to produce, and I hope you'll accept my apologies in advance for any errors I've made.


I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I have editing it. If you have, don't keep it to yourself. Let us know, let the writers know and let your friends know. I've come to realise over the last eighteen months that The Post is something to be cherished, and it's always fantastic for our contributors to have their hard work recognised by the community.


Anyway, I'm going to get off my soapbox now and let you get on with enjoying the read. Normal service will be resumed next issue, by which time I'll probably have been called into EMR's office to receive my notice...


Skankyrich


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

  • Cartoon Corner

  • 'Chad'ock's Invasion of Cows' Highlands' Part Three, by 4me-2me


 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A25098023

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more