The h2g2 Post Current Edition 28.04.05

2 Conversations


Posted: 28th April 2005


 

A Lucky Few...

Twenty won, nineteen attended - and two have written about their experience at the recent Premiere of the h2g2 film we can't stop talking about. If you are rushing off to see it in the very near future please do let us, here at The Post, know what you thought of it.

Election fever is in full swing in the UK. A 'must read' article in this edition urges all of you eligible to turn out and exercise the right to vote - whatever your political outlook. Meanwhile, here in Holland, Queen Beatrix, who celebrates her silver jubilee this weekend, is to receive an extra item amongst her congratulatory messages and gifts. Over 200,000 people have signed a petition requesting that she grant royal pardons to the 26,000+ asylum seekers due to be repatriated following the introduction of stiff new laws. Some have lived in The Netherlands for years and have children who only speak Dutch. Although many Dutch nationals agree, in principle, that stricter immigration control is needed to keep the population at a reasonable level, most think that these latest manoeuvres from the centre-right coalition government is a step too far.

As always your Post is packed full of goodies. We bid farewell to The X-Philes as this epic series of stories reaches its end. Kat highlights some excellent entries queueing over in Peer Review, tonsil explains the inner-workings of a cartoonists mind and a new column starts aimed at those students who are worried about coping away from home. Add to this poems, cartoons, science, facts, fiction and our regulars and you have the perfect place to while away the time.

ShazzPRME

h2g2 Film Banner by Fairydoodler

 

 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
 
 
FEATURES
 
 

 

 

FICTION
 
 

 
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 

  • Announcements - arriving soon hopefully

  • Meets, sites, events etc

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3820880

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more