CAC - 31.10.02

1 Conversation

Fiction smiley - stiffdrinkWeird Science
smiley - stiffdrink
First/Personals smiley - stiffdrinkSatire smiley - stiffdrinkKitchen Syncronicities


This Week:

Ghoulies and Games!


From Ghoulies and Ghosties

by XXX-Rambling

Spiff pointed me toward this timely entry. Don't set out to your holiday festivities without this helpful sheet of tips to dispel curses, turn werewolves, and generally prevent the corpses of your loved ones from becoming one of the Walking Dead. I consider myself a fairly learned scholar of popular horror books and film, but this list goes beyond the commonly known silver bullets and wooden stakes, into really weird superstitions. Who let that cat in the tomb? smiley - blackcat


Latest Additions to
AGG/GAG/CAC Repository of Games for a Rainy Day


A560738

by iaoth


When you see the word 'sucks' smiley - in the headline of any review, you can usually count on the review lacking much substance. Not so here! This review of the PC game 'Escape from Monkey Island' is thorough and extensive, weighing in at several hundred words, with plans for more.

A844391

by David B


Stumbling through a dimly lit room with your eyes closed, people around you muttering 'Potato' or 'Blood' or screaming. Sounds like fun!

Monopoly's 52 Fundamental Errors

by Nullmuse


Just the other day, I was trying to console a friend by listing famous artists who were initially rejected by galleries or publishers. Here's another classic example. When the author of the game Monopoly first submitted his design to the Parker Brothers company, they replied with a list of 52 reasons why his game would never be accepted by the public. Only a few of the 'errors' are spelled out in this guide entry, but it gives an interesting glimpse of the game's history.


smiley - ant

Can we have a round of applause, or an application of rounded paws one against the other, to show appreciation for Amy the Ant's eggcellent new CAC logo? They say you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette, but we almost broke some egos to make a logo. I mean, when doling out our opinions, this Committee could rarely be accused of walking on eggshells. We bombarded Amy with suggestions for the kinds of images that we'd like (including cartoon bombs). But she passed the ordeal with frying colors. The Committee extends our deepest thanks to Amy for all the hard-boiled work she put into this!

Scouting the Guide for the good stuff, we'll continue to bring you CAC applauded entries in each issue of the h2g2POST. And we hope you'll join us!


Complete AGG/GAG Archive

CAC Archives


CAC


31.10.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A862742

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more