The h2g2 Post 06.08.12

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th August 2012

Silly Singing Season

People singing in a karaoke room.No, we're not going to make you stand up and do karaoke. But if you're like me, you go around with a song in your head at least some of the time. And it's August – definitely the silly season in the news world.

Bluebottle and Co are still being silly over at the Waterworks. They're inviting you to don swimsuits and join them – the water's fine, they say. Willem says, 'Everything is better with monkeys,' and I agree, so the quiz is bananas. Literally. Awix, about the only Post contributor who is working hard this summer, has sent us a review of a fine film from last year. He wants us to point out that it's his 248th edition special.

Bel asked, 'Is 248th significant?'

I replied, 'If Awix says it is, it is.'

See what I mean?

Of course, the Olympics continues in London – nothing silly about that, at all, right, Mr Bean? Our h2g2ers did Create proud, running, learning new sports, generally working up a lather, and then writing about it. Nosebagbear has the skinny on who did what. Check it out.

Some roam the world, some tend their own garden (thank you, Ramya). Some chat, and Geggs reports. Any way you look at it, there's lots to please in the selections below.

Keep cool, enjoy yourselves, and remember to tell us about it. With or without musical accompaniment. Check this week's Front Page for Create challenges – send in your favourite summer reading matter, and photograph Elton on his adventurous holiday.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

AROUND THE WORLD I SEARCHED FOR YOU

BACK IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD


 

YOU DON'T SPIT INTO THE WIND


 

 
SAID THE MONKEY TO THE CHIMP

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87760399

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more