The h2g2 Post 20.08.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 20th August 2012

The Incredible Languidness of Being

Ah, peace. Ah, quiet. Ah, the dog days of summer. The Olympic hordes have left, so those of you in London can find parking places and seats in the pub again. Lots of h2g2ers are on holiday still, while others are kicking back, taking it easy on sofa or balcony, and catching up on their reading. Create is grateful if you share some of your finds with them. They're also hoping some of the holidaymakers have spotted Elton on their travels. If you happened to catch him on the hamstercam, send your pics to [email protected].

Once you're done with that Agatha Christie mystery, you can read the items below. Just so your brains don't completely rust in the heat and humidity of late summer, there's a quiz to sharpen your wits. Can you identify these famous writers from their dust jacket photos? (Okay, some of them are paintings, blame technology.)

Not everybody is staying home. Awix has made it as far as the cinema, while NASA's all the way over on Mars, tweeting away at us. Phoenician Trader's found another church you'll enjoy, and Willem's found another surprising bird. Water sports continue, with tips for staying in your kayak, and the results of the virtual water hijinks on this site.

Come one, come all, slowly, you don't want to overheat. Get a cool drink, adjust your straw hat, kick back and enjoy!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

UP A LAZY RIVER

FARAWAY PLACES


 

IF A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS. . .


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87766898

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more