The h2g2 Post 25.11.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 25th November 2013

Infinite Variety

A lilac-breasted roller by Willem. Age doth not wither, nor custom stale, the infinite variety of h2g2. Especially during NaJoPoMo. All month, h2g2ers have been writing their hearts out. We've got ongoing stories (butter), hair-raising tales (butter), quizzes (butter), and…well, butter. We hope you've been enjoying yourselves. Mags has an update, and a thank-you to all those untiring writers.

But Create will not rest on its laurels. Oh, no. Come December, it's time to get your holiday material ready. This year's theme is making it memorable. What makes your solstice holiday memorable? Do you have a party tip, a song, some photos, a recipe to share? Get them ready!

Our Post contributors have been busy collecting fascinating titbits for you this week. Awix has an intriguing film review. (Good news, the Wrangler's back!) Willem has this gorgeous bird – are there no end of them in Africa? – and a bush you need to know about. Over in the US, we're gearing up, or down, for that cocooning holiday, Thanksgiving. You know, the one where we eat ourselves into a coma and utter thanks for the chance to act like bears in the winter. At least, until the holiday shopping rush starts the next day. More of the historical connection will be explained in the pages below.

So read, write, leave comments! Keep warm this week, and cuddle up with your nearest and dearest! If you're in the right part of the globe, enjoy your cranberry sauce. If you're antipodean, feel smug about the warmth, and pity the rest of us.

Next week: another feast of photos. (We won't say more.)


Dmitri Gheorgheni

A BIRD IN THE BUSH
  • Lilac-Breasted Roller by Willem
  • .

  • Sesame Bush by Willem


A HEARTY HAND

TERRIBLY THANKFUL

  • The First Thanksgiving?
  • Raise the song of Harvest Home.

ODD ONES

MEDIA MANIFESTATIONS
  • A shy bachelor.
  • .

  • Next stop, Twitter.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811851

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more