The h2g2 Post 29.05.23

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 29th May 2023

Montage of images from this week's issue: A cat leaning on the Buddha, a ship on the horizon, a lighthouse on a cliff, barrels of rum, a lilac with a fuzzy insect, a vast cathedral, and a local gunship with the sign No Loading. The headline is The Places We've Been, The Things We've Seen.

We've seen things. Now you get to see them. FWR shares more highlights from his holiday on Gran Canaria. Meanwhile, in the garden, Jax the cat has a zen moment. The Post Office kitties are zen, too, with their geometric experiment on the Editorial bed.

The flowers are blooming everywhere: some of them remind us of poetic thoughts. We hope you enjoy the bouquets.

We have video! Birds and bees and other wildlife, of course, but also a Gheorgheniplex first. Nigel stars in a movie! The test audience (Prof Animal Chaos) said it was 'very peaceful.'

'Aha!' I said. 'You didn't watch the whole video, did you?' The Prof admitted this was true. So remember: you have to watch the whole two-and-a-half minutes to get the story. We predict this one will be a blockbuster. This is wishful thinking on my part: it's been up on Youtube for two weeks and only got 5 views. Meanwhile, in two days a couple of thousand people have seen Farmer Hoggett feed the baby cows, so I know where the public's priorities lie.

We have beauty. We have spectacular scenery. We have philosophy. We have puzzling signs and humorous cartoons and more fiction than you can shake a stick at. (Please shake cautiously.) Go and enjoy already.

Have a wonderful week out there. Remember to send Stuff so we can share what you find.


Dmitri Gheorgheni



Mailbox.
Write the Post at:
postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com
Tweet at the Post and Edited Guide:
@h2g2_Guide



Quote of the Week: If a river can get burned and come back stronger, so can you.

– Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, a popular Twitter account
A Shih Tzu with a strategy.


June 2023 Post Challenge:
What Are Your Metaphor Memories?


Video Extra:
Fox Meets Hedgehog
Click here in Ripley


FAR-FLUNG VISTAS
Lighthouse

Lighthouse at sunset by Woolly Mammoth.

INNER SPACES


ARTY-FACTUAL


This is the Isle of Wight, Not
The Ancient West

An Isle of Wight gunshop with a sign that says No Loading Anytime.


FLORALS




Red Currant
Tiny red currant flowers by Tavaron.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAPERS
SERIAL KILLERS
Ongoing Novellas


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A88028157

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more