Immorternity - Chapter 42B: Immorternity Festivus Eggs

1 Conversation

Chapter 42B: Immorternity Festivus Eggs

A butterfly on a bush, by Caiman Raptor Elk.

Here's some things you may or may not have missed and may or may not find interesting in the previous forty-two chapters, in no particular logical order:

  • The name Baer was derived from an alternative name 'Water bears' for Tardigrades.
  • Baer's partner Siotha is short for 'significant other'.
  • Scientists believe the second hottest planet ever found is orbiting Vega, where iron is found in gas form in its atmosphere (so that is why the Tardigrades left).
  • Eddy and Ava's names have been derived from Adam and Eve.
  • They live in Eden Drive, Oxford, which really exists. Number 42 does not (anymore?).
  • Their dad has the initials JWHW.
  • If you put the landing coordinates of the explorers from Vega in the What3words location app / website, it yields ///note.spun.intended , which was the closest I could get to 'No pun intended' in order to follow the NO PUNS rule.
  • The grail image in chapter 23 is an actual photo, taken in a German Schwarzwald hamlet of Ramstein, near Schramberg, at what3words location ///ordain.generosity.believe , which I find quite fitting for a grail chapel.
  • The cover art photo for the whole thing (the butterflies on flower), was taken in the Butterfly Temple area of Wildlands adventure Zoo in Emmen, The Netherlands.
  • Although someone of Irish descent is allowed to become Prime Minister of the UK, I am not sure this also applies for someone who only has a passport from the Irish Republic.
  • Miss June is the first female PM after Theresa May.
  • The double use of Medusa. Chapter 1: primal jellyfish species, chapter 10 and after: demigoddess and self-proclaimed main Jury member.
  • 'COVID-24 chocolate-borne vaccine from Malta': A.k.a. Maltesers.
  • The suicidal chickens were already briefly mentioned in chapter 12.
  • The parcel containing the green stuff has a 'Pony Express' stamp on it, meaning it was posted in 1860 or 1861.
  • Caoilinn's motorbike is the BSA A65 lightning used in the James Bond movie 'Thunderball'. She wasn't allowed to drive it with the missiles mounted.
  • The infernal collapsing high chair really exists. I know from personal experience.
  • Google Maps and Street view were heavily used to describe the walk from Primary school to the fictional Saint Judtmiss College in chapter 9.
  • They sing the 'Cheesy Poofs' song from the South Park animated sitcom while walking through South Parks Road.
  • Baer suggests that the whole COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period was a case of forced house arrest for humanity gone out of hand, in chapter 13.

I hope you liked it. I do.

Post Novella Project 2022/2023 Archive

Caiman Raptor Elk

11.09.23 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A88036185

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more