h2g2 Post 27.02.03

4 Conversations


Posted: 27thFebruary 2003

Editorial

An exciting week for fans of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy!

This week sees the launch of a special series of celebrations on BBC7 - the radio station devoted to comedy and drama. To kick of the proceedings they are presenting a three-hour special: So Long and Thanks for all the Fish will be broadcast at 8am and 9pm GMT on Sunday 2nd March.

If you want to know what went on behind the scenes at the original recordings, then drop over to Memories of Recording The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy written by a studio engineer. Did you know, for example, that the Vogon footsteps were microphone stand extensions clattering on a concrete paving slab?

Talking of Vogons - if you fancy yourself as a poet, then why not submit one of your creations to the Vogon Poetry Competition. Sadly, this is only open to UK residents but anyone can view the offerings received so far.

Following on from this hiking bonzana, you have the chance to re-live the original radio series when it is broadcast on BBC7 every weeknight at 18.00 GMT (repeated at midnight), starting on Mon 3rd March.

Of course, regular Post readers are already aware of Queerer Than We Can Suppose: The Strangeness of Science - the first DNA Lecture in celebration of the 'Life and Universe of Douglas Adams'. This will be given by Professor Richard Dawkins on Tuesday 11 March at the Royal Institution, London W1 - the day Douglas would have celebrated his 51st birthday.

So, with all this h2g2ing going on, how could we not join in? This week we bring a special supplement of articles written by the italic members of our site. Next week, to coincide with the anniversary of the first ever airing of THHGTTG, we present a very special edition. There will be, amongst other things, reviews of the radio series, books, videotapes and DVDs, towel usage, interviews with two of the most popular clubs on h2g2, cartoons, a look back at the BBC7 special and a brilliant spoof concert review of Disaster Area.

ShazzPRME


Special
BBC7/Radio Play Anniversary Preview Supplement


'Douglas' Vision' by Richard Creasey
'Editing the Guide' by Ashley
'How 'Hitchhiker' Changed My Life' by Abi
The Hitchhiker Wordsearch Special


 
 
FeaturesRegulars

 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A954984

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more