FANTASY FOOTBALL - Season Eight - "The Untitled One"

27 Conversations

<SMILEY TYPE="fantasy football"/>

Hello and welcome one and all to this, the Eighth season of the Official h2g2 Fantasy Football Competition1. I hope you want to get involved and enjoy playing the game smiley - biggrin

The Rules and Stuff

How to play smiley - runsmiley - football

Each weekend I will start a new thread on this page giving the details of (approximately) five football matches that are going to be played the following weekend. These will primarily be taken from the English Premier League, but International matches and those from Scotland and the lower English Leagues will also feature.

What you then do is use your knowledge, skill, guile, and if need be blind guessing to predict:

  1. The match score
  2. The name of a player that you think will score in the match

Then post your answers to the appropriate thread3, and sit back and wait for when Saturday comes4 along and I post the answers and the points that you've won for your selections.

Scoring the Points smiley - geek

All quite simple really...

  • Two points for the correct result - win, lose or draw
  • One bonus point for the correct score line
  • One point if the selected scorer scores at any time during the game
  • One bonus point if the selected scorer scores the first goal in the game

These then get totted up and tabulated in the table below.

What if I'm going to miss a week? smiley - yikes

Don't fret, there is a system in place to cope with folk missing a week's matches. We call it the Fantasy Football Pools Panel.

The idea is that if you can't make a selection for one reason or another, a computer programme will make your selections for you. However, you must give notice on one of the threads that you want a Pools Panel pick - requests made after the closing date will not be allowed.

What do I win? smiley - bigeyes

Apart of course from the respect (read envy) of your peers, for this season only there is a special prize for the competition winner...

I have in my posession a totally genuine and officially logoed h2g2 mousemat which I will award to whom so ever wins the competition smiley - wowsmiley - biggrin

League Table

Position as at the end of the season (Week 18):

PlayersPoints
RankResearcherTotal PointsResult W/L/DCorrect Score BonusScorer1st Scorer Bonus
1.Ormondroyd15810693211
2.Number Six1419218256
3.GreyDesk1389472611
4.Uncle Heavy1348863010
5.creachy131½5 68852613
6.The Snockerty Friddle1278810227
7.loosehead12577872911
8.summerbayexile121808267
9.Kiltedjedi1188848197
10.Otto Fisch1146872811
11.robin105748185
12.OB1 Knordic1039668227
13.Master B10110745175
14.Egon9611704184
15.Lord Smooth9512603257
16.owlatron89623177
17.spook7913583135
18.me[Andy]g61½364147
19.Tonto14148321
20.werekitty00000

Statistics

Champion

Weekly Winners

Full Houses

Previous Season Winners

Click here for the h2g2 Fantasy Football League 'Hall of Fame'

Homepage

Click here for the h2g2 Fantasy Football League Homepage

1The original and still the best smiley - winkeye22...but here if you fancy it is a link to Master B's new 'upstart' competition - Phantasy Phootball - and I for one wish him all the best with it smiley - ok3Note - all selections are final. So if you post it, you've got to stick with it!4A totally gratuitous link to a 'half decent football magazine' smiley - tongueout5Total includes 6 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.6Half a point was donated to me[Andy]g - strange behaviour if you ask me but there you go smiley - erm7Total includes 3 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.8Total includes 4 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.9Total includes 5 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.10Total includes 14 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.11Total includes 6 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.12Total includes 10 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.13Total includes 7 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.14Total includes 7 points awarded by the Fantasy Football Pools Panel Committee.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1130662

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more