Oxford Meet 2002

6 Conversations

Oxford Meet 2002

An elephant with a map of Berkshire on it

Ok so the time has come for another meet in the south to tide us over until the Christmas meet which for strange reasons best known to the Italics is normally held in January. To try something a A 'guy' on a bonfirelittle different it's been suggested that we celebrate an existing festival and that way save money in entry fees and save time arguing over dates and activities.

To get the party planning started Oxford is to be the destination and yes I know Oxford's not in Berkshire but they don't have elephants for Oxfordshire and it was initially Reading...

Right then, the planning is all set! On saturday the 2nd (this saturday) we will meet at the Kings Arms on Holywell street in Oxford. This is very cose to the bodlian library if people need directions, follow the signs for that and you should see it!
At 3pm we have 13 places booked laser questing at the laser quest centre in Glouster (that's spelt wrong I know!) Green but meet us in the pub first and we'll lead the way. After that we'll look at some of the famous sites of Oxford (cookie shop/icecream bar) before heading back to the Kings Arms and deciding on somewhere for food.
At about 7.00 we will set off towards Wolfson college for their annual fireworks display which is free but donations will be accepted. Following this we retire to a pub near the railway station where Pastey will provide a fabulous quiz.

Anyway sign up below if you're interested and please leave suggestions of dates and pubs and things to do including volunteers to do a pub quiz.

Those attending

An unlikely-looking group of people taking part in a pub quiz

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A830468

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more