The h2g2 Post 15.11.07

0 Conversations


Posted: 15th November 2007


 

 


The Stage!

I just got home from an exhilarating opening night of my school's production of The Matchmaker. It's a play by Thorton Wilder, set in turn-of-the-century New York. I wasn't on the stage, but I looked glamorous (if I do say so myself) in my black turtleneck and trousers, operating the lighting board as only a techie can. This was my first experience actually designing the lighting and being in charge of the whole luminary operation, so I was pleased it went well. I was a few seconds early on the 19th cue, but I hardly think anyone noticed.

You'll have to excuse me, then, that I haven't really been doing my part editing-wise, as I've been at rehearsals constantly for the past several weeks. However, Rich, lil and Bel have all proved themselves more than capable of doing a fine job editing The Post. Our recent additions have proven themselves most admirably. In addition, my congratulations go out to Fizzymouse, Alfredo Marquez, and Tibley Bobley — all of whom have earned their Post Report badges for contributing at least five entries to our illustrious publication.

This week's particular editorial would not be complete without a mention of Rich's comments on Building Blizzards, which you'll find in the Features below. Rich is exhorting everyone to do what they can to help save the Edited Guide — and I can only do the same. h2g2 is nothing without the Guide, and the Guide is nothing without the community — so do your duty and build it all!

Don't forget: all of you can also contribute to The Post and earn that mark of honour that is a Post Reporter's badge. Submissions for the next issue on 29 November are due into the Post Box by Sunday, 25 November. Thanks for reading as always, and enjoy this edition of The Post!


echomikeromeo


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A25098195

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more