The h2g2 Post: 19.11.18

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th November 2018

The Views from Our Windows

Bastide by MinorvogonpoetMinorvogonpoet saw this, if not out her window, perhaps out her car window. She was in France at the time, where she also lives. MVP was kind enough to share this photo with us so that we could see it, too. That's what we do, in a nutshell: share our views. Report our findings. Scrounge around our planet for amazing titbits concerning Life, the Universe, and Everything. Have you been reading the journals in this year's NaJoPoMo project? We hope you are. The photos decorating this week's Editorial are from the Post's Pics from a Small Planet, a collection of Contributor photography. You'll enjoy them. We also have fiction coming our way this month. See excerpts below from Freewayriding's serial, 'Freedom Found', and Paulh's work in progress, 'Cursedmas'. Like what you read? There are links to the full serials.

Other journals can be found at the Create link below: we'll be featuring more of them in next week's issue. There's a lot to unpack there, as the postmodernists say, so it will take more than one week.
Armistice Centenary by Superfrenchie
In the meantime, what do we have for you this week?

  • The final installment of Willem's series on Dicynodonts. He's opening our eyes to a previously unglimpsed world that lived before our own, so appreciate. Especially the pictures. You won't see these anywhere else.
  • Speaking of pictures: We have photos galore. Some are beautiful. Others will make you laugh and ask, 'What were they thinking?' Be sure to leave comments. Your snark is appreciated around here.
  • We have videos for music lovers. One features a guest soundtrack by Mrs Hoggett, whose piano stylings fit beautifully with the flow of the picturesque Allegheny River. In other entertainment news, the Editor proves that old hippies never grow up: they just learn new cybertricks.
  • Awix analyses cinema and talks about Chris Pine's anatomy at more length than is strictly necessary. The Literary Corner shares some really old sheet music, while bobstafford has a picture quiz to make your brain work harder.
  • Oystercatchers by SashaQ
  • SashaQ has been to the museum, Bluebottle has been to Legoland, Caiman Raptor Elk has at least walked past the gym, and Paigetheoracle has, as usual, been on a trip in his head. Ditto the Editor, who has written a poem about it. You will enjoy all these vicarious journeys, no doubt.
  • There is more fiction than you can shake a stick at, or would want to. (Catch the cool thriller SashaQ wrote, and wonder at 'The Sorceror's Apprentice', part 1 this week.) There is humour, stop quibbling. And we're so full of writing advice we have two columns on it. Pay attention.

Read, comment, share on your social media. Talk among yourselves. Send more Stuff! It makes the world go round.


And have a good week!


Create November 2018 by Freewayriding
November Create Challenge:
NaJoPoMo: Write All Month


Dmitri Gheorgheni

EARTHSONG

TUNE IN MY HEAD

SIGHTS FOR SORE EYES


AMUSE AND BEMUSE
LITERARY GEMS
WRITE, WRITE, RIGHT?


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87919519

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more