What the Dinosaur (VI)

1 Conversation

THE STORY SO FAR


Dinosaurs have long caught the imaginations of those who have seen them, particularly the biggest and scariest carnivores. While American dinosaurs have long starred in blockbuster films, Europe's five largest predatory dinosaurs are largely unknown. In alphabetical order, these are Allosaurus europaeus found in Portugal, Baryonyx found on the Isle of Wight, Surrey, Spain and Africa, Neovenator found on the Isle of Wight, Torvosaurus found in Portugal and Wiehenvenator found in Germany1. Unsurprisingly considering its importance to paleontology, the Isle of Wight was the perfect location for a dinosaur museum. What was surprising is that one of the exhibits, a Neovenator skull, was suddenly resurrected after 125 million years. Alive once more it complained of having a dinosaur throat and wanting to soothe it with a nice cup of tea...Episode VI of a 20-part adventureWas all that technobabble about convergent evolutionary language really meant to flimsily paper-over an inconvenient plot gap? Is 'political correctness gone mad' the most incorrectly used phrase in the English language? Is the increase in the price of milk really political correctness gone mad? What does political incorrectness gone mad look like? Is the real story of what to call a Brontosaurus actually far more complicated and only able to be told in Guide Entry Brontosaurus! Post-Extinction Burial and Rebirth? None of these questions, nor any others, will be answered in next week's edition of What the Dinosaur!
What the Dinosaur
I - II - III - IV - V
VI - VII - VIII - IX - X
XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV
XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX
A reader of the h2g2 Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

05.08.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1An exhibition dedicated to the 'Big Five' including material from the Isle of Wight has just gone on display at Dino Park Münchehagen.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87944214

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more