What the Dinosaur (VIII)

1 Conversation

THE STORY SO FAR


While performing a seemingly innocuous experiment requiring a lot of retro equipment that makes 'bzzzp' noises during a lightning storm, Dr Beeching has accidentally brought to life a prehistoric Neovenator. This is rather serendipitous as otherwise this 20-page story would consist of him look at things beneath his microscope, jotting notes down on some post-its and occasionally entering figures into a spreadsheet. Seeing the deadly creature stalking the sands of Sandown is far more entertaining. Yet Dr Beeching disagrees. Possibly motivated by jealousy that the dinosaur is getting all the attention he has phoned the authorities - including the police - to tell them that a dangerous dinosaur is on the loose. Surely the Neovenator is about to be attacked and shot at any second now...?Episode VIII of a 20-part adventureHow did the dinosaur pay for his nammet at the café? With Tyrannosaurus cheques? Why is it that when we're over a quarter of the way through the dinosaur still hasn't eaten anyone? What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Neovenator? Why is a Neovenator like a writing desk? If you have done six impossible things this morning then you might be lucky enough to have your questions answered in next week's installment of What the Dinosaur!

Author's Note

The character of Sophie Nesbit was named after both the little girl Sophie in The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr, and also E Nesbit, author of books in which ordinary people encounter magical beings, such as in the Psammead trilogy (1902-1906), paving the way for modern children's fantasy authors such as John Masefield and CS Lewis.

What the Dinosaur
I - II - III - IV - V
VI - VII - VIII - IX - X
XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV
XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX
A reader of the h2g2 Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

19.08.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87945402

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more