The h2g2 Post: 25.11.19

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 25th November 2019

On a Clear Day You Can See…

Glastonbury Tor at First Light by Cactuscafe

I'm sitting here writing this while listening to Wim Winters play the J. Pachelbel Ciacona in F Minor on a reconstructed 1808 Belgian organ, courtesy of Youtube, while gazing at the photo above, taken on Glastonbury Tor by Cactuscafé. And I reflect that the internet is a great blessing. Thanks to its magic, I know someone who's climbed Glastonbury Tor. And someone else who has seen a hippopotamus that wasn't in a zoo. Without having the time, money, or physical ability, I can be so many places at once. I can see wonders and hear miracles.

Of course, I could be reading arguments on Twitter and other unpleasant drivel. It's a choice.

This week, we hope to broaden your vistas considerably. We have:
River in Autumn by Dmitri Gheorgheni
  • A plant walk in South Africa. You'll be fascinated by the landscape. We don't see things like this every day, but Willem does, and he shares.
  • Views of autumn skies and autumn riverbanks and just…autumn.
  • More magic black-and-white to ponder.
  • Music to laugh by. Cartoons and comics. More reflections on monster writing. Cinema tips.
  • Some highlights from the November writing projects, ending this week. Don't miss out. Bluebottle and Freewayriding will make you laugh and think. I'll settle for making you laugh with a musical parody. Paigetheoracle wasn't able to blog – he's been busy up north – but he sends a story, anyway, that some of you may identify with.
  • Startling photographic discoveries, indoors and out: everything from demon food to picturesque church to urban nightscape.

So read, comment, plan to send more Stuff as we get into December. Don't spend all your time shopping and carolling. Remember to drop in from time to time. We wish you a great week, and a happy Thanksgiving to those who observe it.


Notice from the Management: Ninja adverts will be removed as soon as possible by the Editor. Please do not hire lawyers who attempt to advertise in the h2g2 Post. We shudder to think what kind of lawyer does that.

ALL THINGS HOOVERVILLE
30 Hours in Hooverville by Freewayriding
Here is where you will find the Post NaJoPoMo fiction-writing project, '30 Hours in Hooverville'. You are welcome to kibitz and heckle the players. Join us for, if not heart-stopping action, at least some fun snark in this imaginary (and highly imaginative) town.





Quote of the Week:  We could use some existential dread. So it's good you put that in.

Caiman Raptor Elk



Create November 2019 by Freewayriding
November Create Challenge:
NaJoPoMo 2019
Join the fun!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

VISTAS

ESCAPE-SCAPES


VIVID BLACK-AND-WHITE


LAUGHTER: THE BEST MEDICINE




Words of Wisdom

Or are they? by Paige.


A SURPRISE AROUND EVERY CORNER
TALES FROM...


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87949237

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more